E-Sports and the History of Video Games
Note: This course is provided by Pointful Education and is based on a rigorous, traditional textbook curriculum model which includes upper level reading assignments, detailed essays, quizzes, and a final exam.
In this course, students will learn about the technologies and design principles that have been the foundation the development of video game technology over the last 50 years. Students will examine and discuss the impact of video games on culture and the economy. Students will learn about the current gaming and e-sports landscape, including strategies and techniques of top teams and individuals. This course will also discuss about the risks and dangers of video games and understand how to set appropriate time and content parameters. Finally, the course will identify career paths and opportunities for those who are passionate about gaming.
What You’ll Learn
- The impact of video games on culture and the economy
- Current gaming and e-sports landscape, including strategies and techniques of top teams and individuals
- The risks and dangers of video games
- Career paths and opportunities
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
Support From Expert Instructors