Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Note: This course is provided by Pointful Education and is based on a rigorous, traditional textbook curriculum model which includes upper level reading assignments, detailed essays, quizzes, and a final exam.
This course teaches what every student should know about Artificial Intelligence. AI is a fast-moving technology with impacts and implications for both our individual lives and society as a whole. In this course, students will get a basic introduction to the building blocks and components of artificial intelligence, learning about concepts like algorithms, machine learning, and neural networks. Students will also explore how AI is already being used, and evaluate problem areas of AI, such as bias. The course also contains a balanced look at AI’s impact on existing jobs, as well as its potential to create new and exciting career fields in the future. Students will leave the course with a solid understanding of what AI is, how it works, areas of caution, and what they can do with the technology.
What You’ll Learn
- Define key business and financial terms related to artificial intelligence (AI), algorithms, machine learning, and AI applications
- Differentiate between AI, machine learning, deep learning, and neural networks
- Evaluate key AI applications
- Describe how AI is designed and how people interact with AI
- Examine areas of potential bias built within AI applications, and how they can have harmful effects on society
- Discuss the possible career paths within the field of AI
- Explain the impact of the AI on the future of jobs and the workplace
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
Support From Expert Instructors