Limited Space Available in Lehi
Do you enjoy designing, experimenting, tinkering, building, and inventing? Bring that passion and imagination to our Junior Makerspace course that will lay the foundation for future courses and activities.
A Makerspace is a hands-on setting where students are taught and practice the design thinking process and use various production tools to turn their ideas into reality. Students ages 8-9 will explore, learn, and apply the primary principles of engineering design while they build and create projects.
The tools that are used in this course include: laser cutter, 3D printer, lathe, sewing machine, computers and software, circuits and microcontrollers.
“Design thinking is a great innovation tool for tackling complex systemic challenges. It not only offers an approach that generates momentum through prototyping, but also strengthens insight around what works and what doesn’t.” – Tim Brown, CEO of IDEO
What You’ll Learn & Create
- The power of imagination and how to bring your ideas to life
- How to safely use a variety of materials and tools to create your projects
- The beginnings of foundational design thinking
- How to connect science, technology, engineering, art, and math as you learn to create solutions to interesting problems
- View sample projects
- Recommended $50 materials fee, payable to lab
- An open and curious mind
- Ability to travel weekly to and from our Makerspace location in Lehi
- Access to Chromebook / laptop
Support From Expert Instructors