Limited Space Available in Lehi and Provo
Do you dream about creating your own ice cream making robot or owning your own 3D printed skateboard store? Unleash your imagination, creativity and real-life problem-solving skills in our Makerspace Design course.
A Makerspace is an open and highly collaborative setting where you can make, learn, explore and share your creations. Some of our students have built their very own board games, key chains, messenger bags and 3D printed masks. Using the design thinking methodology in a Makerspace environment, students ages 14-18 will investigate, learn and apply the principles of engineering design while you build and create really cool projects!
Design Thinking is best summarized by Tim Brown, the CEO of IDEO “Design thinking is a great innovation tool for tackling complex systemic challenges. It not only offers an approach that generates momentum through prototyping, but also strengthens insight around what works and what doesn’t.”
What You’ll Learn & Create
- How to unlock your creative potential
- Understand design thinking methodology and skills
- How to connect science, technology, engineering, art and math as you learn to create solutions to interesting problems
- Using your imagination, tools and materials – we can’t wait to see what you will invent!
- An open and curious mind
- Ability to travel to and from our Makerspace locations
- Access to Chromebook or laptop
- Note: Only available to non-diploma seeking students
Support From Expert Instructors
My teenage daughter really loved the Makerspace course at Thanksgiving Point this year — it was a wonderful opportunity!”Parent
It was so fun to build my own custom chess set!”Dan, 14